Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Petra/The Blow

Petra Nemcova



The Czech model faces her biggest challenge yet, one that makes people stare more than seeing her semi naked on the cover of sports illustrated, and leaves people more shocked than when she survived the tsunami. Why oh why oh why is she going out with James Blunt?
James blunt, the modern day Chris de Burgh, is at least three feet shorter than her and registers as plankton to her whale in the good looking stakes. It’s a mystery.

I hovered around backstage at the wireless festival, where Blunt played recently, at the post performance portacabin party to see Petra and she is very very beautiful (We weren’t allowed on stage during the performance so my chance to shout ‘Play lady in red‘ were lost, alas, although he did play something off his forthcoming album which sounded remarkably similar)
I can’t help feeling sorry for her though as I watched her continually stooping for photographs with Blunt, she’s gonna ruin her spine.

Also, after some press attention before the show about the vast nature of Blunt’s rider, I was surprised to see only a few cans of seven up, some superbly naff disco lights emanating from the cabin itself and Paris Hilton having her picture taken with some children.

“Hyde park is like a homecoming for me, I used to ride my horse around here” said Blunt onstage. Yes, haven’t we all. We’ve all had Tara Palmer Tomkinson too.


The Blow



I like The Blow, can I say that these days without having a rally of photographers from the Daily Mirror at my doorstep taking grainy black and white photos of me? Unlike that kind of blow this duo record sonic electro pop nuggets. Pile of gold is a cry to all men who want to gain access to a girls ‘pile of gold’, you know, the gold they sit down on.

Ah if only it were as easy as finding the end of a rainbow.

Also worth checking out the strategy remix of ‘the love I crave’.
P.S. Having denied all drug related references this song still manages to make parts of my nose fall out.

MP3: The Blow - Pile of Gold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home