Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Zooey/Sambassadeur/Hard Boiled Wonderland

Zooey Deschanel




Anyone named after a JD Salinger novel has to be cool, and with eyes that look like they have been lavishly animated on it’s no wonder her next project has her cast as Lani the penguin lifeguard in the forthcoming Sony CGI release ‘Surf’s Up’
An unconventional indie beauty, plus she was Trillan, and she plays the piano and the ukulele…

“Ukulele me-kulele/How happy we could be-kulele!” - Stephin Merritt


Sambasadeur


Sambassadeur are from Sweden and the track below is taken from their Costal Affairs Ep, they cite 60’s French pop as high on their list of influences (their name derives from a Serge Gainsbourg song) This song reminds me of early 90’s female led indie bands, Faith Over Reason/The Darling Buds and so on, it’s bouncy and wistfully summery and when the bass kicks in my soul leaps into my mouth. No lie.

MP3: Sambasadeur - Kate


Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World - Haruki Murakami



I read this on a five hour train journey to Edinburgh on my way to work at the T in the Park festival, it's with out a doubt one of my favourite books ever. If I could make a film of a book this would be the one.



(Read Unread Reading)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home