Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Alexa Chung/Flaming Lips/Blink

Alexa Chung



Alexa Chung a 22 year old former Model from Hampshire and now the new face of Channel 4's Popworld alongside Alex Zane. As well asmodeling Alexa can be see in numerous pop videos, from being Mike Skinner's girlfriend in The Streets video for 'Could well be in' to being Holly Valances mock lesbian pal in the 'Down boy' video and even cleaning out a swimming pool in a bikini for a Westlife shoot.

I haven't watched Popworld since the new presenters took over, but she was at the wireless festival (sorry, Wireless again) this year interviewing bands around me, she says "Errr" a lot, which doesn't strike me as displaying the greatest interviewing skills but then she does very much look the part. She also has a booming voice for someone with such a small frame.

Anyway enough of that, lets all go and search the net for the 'Down boy' video!


The Flaming Lips



Watching Wayne Coyne roll around in a giant hamster ball whilst being dressed as a Santa in front of 30,000 people has to go down as one of the most surreal situations I've ever got myself into. But also one of the most fun. I recommend it; the Flaming Lips entourage are all amazingly friendly people.
However much like if I'd been a Stormtrooper in Star Wars though I can't actually pick myself out from the group of ten Santas that I was in.

I wasn't a big Lips fan, but my experience and the remix below has changed all that now.

This postal service remix is much cleaner and crisper than the original and highlights the beautiful simplicity of the lyrics, and remember 'The sun doesn't go down it's just an illusion created by the world spinning round'

p.s You better not pout you better not cry....

MP3: The Flaming Lips - Do You Realise? (Postal Service Remix)


Malcolm Gladwell - Blink



(Read Unread Reading)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home