Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Kate/Mopeds/Lullaby

Kate Moss



I was working three days backstage at the Wireless Festival 2005 in Hyde Park. On the Friday bill was Babyshambles, that meant Pete Doherty, which at that time, pre those Daily Mirror photographs, meant Kate Moss.
After fifteen years of waiting to meet her I should have been there…but I had to be at an open day for my daughters new school. So instead of spending an evening with Kate Moss and a free bar I ended up sampling school dinners.

My daughter has packed lunches now.

There’s a moral here, but I don’t really want to think about it.


The Mopeds



An old song by The Mopeds, but I just love the line: "Who put the bomb in the Queen of the Prom?" these days these scandinavian guys are better known as producers and engineers for other artists: The Cardigans , Franz Ferdinand to name a few.

MP3: The Mopeds - She went Boom


Lullaby - Chuck Palahniuk



Chuck Palahniuk’s tale of a nursery rhyme that kills. Carl Streator is a journalist investigating Sudden Infant Death Syndrome when he comes across a bedtime poem that when recited, even in his head, will kill people. Soon people who annoy him begin to drop dead. A weird twisted horror tale about the abuse and misuse of power, a starck reminder that hate is both fleeting and inevitable in all.

(Read Unread Reading)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home