Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Emilie/Casper

Emilie De Ravin



The envy of young mothers everywhere, just how does she do it?! A completely natural childbirth, she retains her great figure with no obvious exercise, makes nappies from twigs and leaves (probably), she takes the baby camping and it never NEVER cries.

She is however letting it be raised by a Hobbit.

Despite being possibly the most unconvincing new mother on the planet Clare is now the premier blonde on the Lost island, she’s understated but then if she got more airtime she’d be Shannon and aren’t we all glad she got shot. Harsh but true.
Emilie has something over her Lost counterparts, I can’t put my finger on it I think it’s the accent, which is strangely endearing, or the way she acts like she’d stumbled of the set of an episode of a cheap Aussie soap.


Casper and the Cookies



A silly little gem of a song in the same vain as ‘Suburban kids with biblical names – rent a wreck’, in that it goes ‘ba baba ba babababa’ quite a lot, I like songs that go ‘ba baba’ almost as much as I like songs with handclaps. They set a spark off inside me, like fireflies in my stomach, I’m not sure why.

Casper and the cookies are new to me but apparently they have been doing the rounds since the 90’s, anyway they have a new album out now called ‘The Optimist’s Club’…I had a listen to a track off it, no handclaps or ba baba’s sadly.


MP3: Casper and the Cookies - Yer Birthday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home