Friday, June 30, 2006

Anne V/The Strokes/Ghostwritten

Anne V



"I've wanted to be a model ever since I was little, playing with my Barbie doll," said Anne Vyalitsyna - or Anne V as she is widely known - the Russian born supermodel. She was discovered in Saint Petersburg, whilst scouts where looking for new faces for MTV's ‘Fashionably Loud Europe’ , soon after she was leading campaigns for Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Alexander McQueen, Fendi, Gucci and Prada to name but a few.

‘This new model army, blessed with high cheekbones, perfect skin, Bambi blue-green eyes, full lips and tall, near-perfect figures, is a refreshing alternative to the medley of grumpy, androgynous mannequins who have dominated in recent seasons' - The Age

So basically like Anne’s Barbie doll then.


The Strokes



The Strokes strange departure from post punk garage rock track of their new album - although disliked by many - is easily my favourite, I have only heard a snippet of it in its original format but this remix is wonderful. The vocals are pure Magnetic Fields baritone and I’ve been singing the chorus so much this week that my son who is two has picked up on it as well and gets odd looks from people when he’s heard warbling ‘ I’ve got nothing to say, I’ve got nothing to say’ ….at least he’s stopped singing Jim Noir’s ‘Eeany Meany’ , “If you don’t give my football back I’ll get my dad on you”


MP3: The Strokes - Ask Me Anything (Do Not Eat Remix)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home